“I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.”Psalm 139:14 (AMP)
One of the major hindrances to starting this blog was the inner fear of not knowing if I was capable of writing anything that would encourage people. I was utterly afraid that I would try too hard to be like someone else, or my website wouldn’t be as pretty or professional as someone else’s, or I would focus so much time worrying about what other people would say-good or bad. Let’s be real; how often do we compare ourselves to others? Yes, it happens more often than not. And if you’re not careful, you’ll allow space and opportunity for the enemy to convince you that somebody else is better than you, somebody else is prettier than you, or somebody else is smarter than you. This type of toxic thinking can lead to dissatisfaction and unappreciativeness of the blessings, gifts, and talents God has instilled in you. If those thoughts are not quickly rebuked, you’ll have an “Eve” kind of experience-with an enemy talking you into doing something that is disastrous to your future and destiny.
In order to combat the toxic thoughts, you must declare the word of the Lord over your life; not just once but until it becomes a part of your daily devotions. Repeat the declarations below and meditate on the scriptures until they become ingrained in your mind and spirit:
- I am a child of the King (Galatians 3:26-29) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- I was chosen by God before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- I am a royal priesthood, a particular people (I Peter 2:9) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- I have been redeemed through Christ (Ephesians 1:7) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- God loved me enough to sacrifice his son for me (John 3:16-17) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- I was created in the Father’s image (Genesis 1:27) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- God wants the best for me (III John 1:2) and that makes me More Than Enough!
- I am a friend of God (John 15:15) and that makes me More Than Enough!
I remember struggling with this issue recently and during my prayer time, the Holy Spirit began to remind me of who I am and He told me to repeat the phrase “I Am Enough.” I admit, I had to repeat it several times but as soon as it settled in my spirit, I felt something shift in my inner being; my whole mindset shifted from my issue to where God wanted me to be-in His presence, standing on His word. Don’t allow the enemy to invade your thoughts with unworthiness any longer. You are set apart and you were born to WIN! Go forth, with your head held high, knowing that “YOU ARE ENOUGH!”
Remember that God loves you and so do I!
Note: Don’t forget to sign-up to receive any updates via email. Please share, like, and comment!